Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Why Gays are Still Not Accepted By Public

Gays. When you hear one, many would say "eeeeew!" or "damn, straight up, bro".

Do you gays know why you are still not accepted? Then hear this story.

I was walking in the street in the middle of the night to buy some water. I then passed by the local bar as usual, when I saw gays drinking. I was too damn certain that one of them stood up when he (or she, or it) saw me. So as a defense, I quickly pulled my phone and pretended to text. I don't want to have a conversation starter. I didn't see their reaction because seriously, I did not mind them.

After I bought my water, I went back to my boarding house and I could pass by the bar (as I said earlier). I saw four of them on the street, so I quickly pulled my phone. Then I took a straight face. Next thing I knew, they were singing "Chikading Chikading naglupad-lupad". And I know they were referring to me. They even shouted "MAYA!" which means a "closet gay".

For the record, I AM NOT GAY. I do not define myself as one. Just because I suit up like this or just because I'm thin, it makes me a gay, or as you say it, closet gay. I was disgusted because of my ego as an Aries (thanks a lot to my horoscope). I was supposed to be a standard bearer to all men. Then you prejudge me as a gay? The reason they all are prejudged is because they are also prejudging. Remember the golden rule: Do not do unto others what you do not want others to do to you.

I do not hate gays. There are formal gays, who in my own opinion deserves to be accepted. For me, there are no men or women, or gays or lesbians -- there are just people. But what I hate are people who, collectively or individually, annoy my senses. Let's say, these "kanto" gays. They liberally do what they wanted to do without minding the society or the reaction of the people they are interacting with.

What I'm trying to say is that, when you want respect about your identity, learn to respect first your society. Other gays have tried to conform, but with them demoralizing the third gender, it gives me less hopes of them accepted by the society. It's sad to think, but I guess we are losing hope for them. For all those who fight for your rights to be accepted with the right conducts, KUDOS! But these friends of yours needs a high five. On the face. With a chair. Or maybe a bro fist! On the crotch. With Thor's Mjolnir.

Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. and please.. don't forget to follow me back http://gacha23.blogspot.com

    tnx :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. followed you back. thanks for the comments. I agree they think they are more than girls... well, thanks for reading this rant anyways... :D

    ReplyDelete