Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Discommunicated People

Waking up in the morning, I have realized what I need and what I don’t.

It’s about the cellular phones, or cellphones. I have been so addicted that I have to text everyone where I was at that kind of moment, or what I have been feeling, or any lyrics of a song just to use my unlimited text service offered by my cellular service providers. It’s kind of an initiative to text everyone in your phonebook just to use that service when you’re “unlimited”.

Here’s things I have to reason out why I (and in the end, we) should stop this texting thing:

1. PROCRASTINATION. We have been so tired of telling everyone long stories that all we need is to say “text ko nalang (I’ll text you instead)”. Hey, is this how communication works? No, communication must not stop like this. I’d say we are now too lazy to tell jokes at public. This hinders also our ability to speak in public.

2.LANGUAGE DIFFERENCE. Yeah I hate jejemons. They make language more complicated. I mean, it’s enough that we have language. Just no including the Z’s and the extra S’s. They are unnecessary.

3.ECONOMIC INSTABILITY. We tend to buy load than buy food. Yeah, so sad. I mean, we overstated the need for communication. We must think of wants and needs anyways. Could we live without cellphone load? Yes. Could we live without food? No.

4.USELESS PRANKS. People were passing some chain messages that made no sense, and would even use a wish, or even God, to be credible in passing. I also remembered that prank about BBC warning Filipinos that we would be affected by the nuclear plant in Japan. This is over communication, this ain’t even true.

So the next time you use your phone, use it for a better purpose, please. At least use it to communicate, not to encourage miscommunication, just like for what it is supposed to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment